Sunday, May 27, 2007

Plonker Time

I have added another first to my list - writing a blog while sitting in my car....

My bro who lives in OZ is here until Monday. While some may say spending 5hrs in an enclosed environment with him on the way back to Dn from CHCH could possibly be enough time I figured I would turn up early for our family dinner tonight to enjoy just that little bit of extra time. (Another reason for turning up early could quite possibly be that school on a Sunday just isn't fun and my 30 mins I managed to spend made me feel justified in going to my parents house earlier than planned and NO I would not be procrastinating).

So that was the new plan - however fate has intervened.

Last night I left my cell ph at my parents so at present am without that handy device that could have informed me that no one is actually present at my parents house. That ordinarily would not have been a problem - I have a key and am well adapt at letting myself into my parents place when they are not around.

The lock I have a key for is however a tad funny. It does not like to be unlocked if there is a key in the other side. And you guessed it - the key is well and truly in its pride of place inside the lock. Most often this little set back would not be so problematic as my family quite often have issues with locking all the numerous entrances of their house - today however is one of the days when EVERY POSSIBLE door is locked.

SO I have no way of getting into there house. Luckily their broadband connection has a large range and I am able to get an ok signal from my car which is parked in the driveway. So here I am typing away, hoping my laptop battery will last, sitting in my car feeling like a plonker.

No comments: